transitioning patients off CLEVIPREX® (clevidipine)
- If oral therapy is initiated, consider the following1:
- Oral therapy will have a lag time of onset
- Half-life of CLEVIPREX is ~1 minute; in most patients, full recovery of BP occurs 5–15 minutes after discontinuation
- Discontinue CLEVIPREX or down-titrate as oral therapy takes effect1
- Continue BP monitoring until desired BP is achieved1
- In a study in acute severe hypertension, oral therapy was started prior to discontinuation or down-titration of CLEVIPREX2
- In most patients, full recovery of BP occurs 5–15 minutes after CLEVIPREX infusion is stopped
- Monitor for rebound hypertension for at least 8 hours after CLEVIPREX infusion is stopped
- Follow-up adjustments in BP control may be needed in patients who receive prolonged CLEVIPREX infusions and are not transitioned to other antihypertensive therapies
The CLEVIPREX Dosing and Administration Guide
Use this guide as a quick reference to help with CLEVIPREX dosing and administration.
Other dosing guidelines
There are additional storage, handling, and administration guidelines to consider when using CLEVIPREX.