Additional dosing, storing, and handling informationfor CLEVIPREX® (clevidipine)
No experience of overdosage in human clinical trials1
- The expected major effects of overdose would be hypotension and reflex tachycardia
In case of suspected overdosage, CLEVIPREX should be discontinued immediately and the patient’s blood pressure should be supported.
- Discontinuation of CLEVIPREX leads to a reduction in antihypertensive effects within 5 to 15 minutes
- Most patients treated with maximum doses of 16 mg/hr (32 mL/hr) or less
- There is limited short-term experience with doses as high as 32 mg/hr (64 mL/hr)
- Because of lipid load restrictions, no more than 1,000 mL or an average of 21 mg/hr (42 mL/hr) of CLEVIPREX infusion is recommended per 24-hour period
- There is little experience with infusion durations beyond 72 hours at any dose
CLEVIPREX is Y-site compatible with several IV bag fluids1
Considerations when using a Y-site to administer CLEVIPREX
- Do not dilute CLEVIPREX
- Do not administer CLEVIPREX in the same line as other medications
Compatible IV bag fluids include:
- Water for Injection, USP
- 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP
- 5% Dextrose Injection, USP
- 5% Dextrose in 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP
- 5% Dextrose in Lactated Ringer’s Injection, USP
- Lactated Ringer’s Injection, USP
- 10% Amino Acid
Keep CLEVIPREX information readily available with our point-of-care resources. Contact a Chiesi sales representative to order.
Storage and handling considerations for CLEVIPREX1
CLEVIPREX is photosensitive; leave vials in cartons until use
- Protection from light during administration is not required
- Store vials in cartons refrigerated at 2–8 °C (36–46 °F); do not freeze
- Vials in cartons may be transferred to storage at 25 °C (77 °F, USP controlled room temperature) for up to 2 months
- Upon transfer to room temperature, mark vials in cartons “This product was removed from the refrigerator on __/__/__ date. It must be used or discarded 2 months after this date or the labeled expiration date (whichever date comes first)”
- Do not return CLEVIPREX to refrigerated storage after switching to USP controlled room temperature
- Once stopper is punctured, use within 12 hours and discard any unused portion
Individualized, titratable administration1
CLEVIPREX offers low-volume, non–weight-based dosing that is independent of renal or hepatic function.
The CLEVIPREX Dosing and Administration Guide
Use this guide as a quick reference to help with CLEVIPREX dosing and administration.
Order a supply of CLEVIPREX
Find wholesaler numbers and supply information for CLEVIPREX.