Titratable Control of blood pressure reduction with CLEVIPREX® (clevidipine)
CLEVIPREX—a dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker—can provide blood pressure (BP) reduction in the perioperative setting and in acute severe hypertension cases. CLEVIPREX is a ready-to-use option and has a ~1-minute half-life.
CLEVIPREX is a low-volume dosing option2
Excessive fluid intake may lead to adverse outcomes in critically ill patients.3,4 Consider the results of the ECLIPSE trials and see how infusion volumes varied between hypertensive agents in the postoperative setting.
CLEVIPREX has not been studied or proven to impact fluid overload.
Learn more about ECLIPSE and dosing
Dr. Horowitz speaks about CLEVIPREX
Renowned anesthesiologist Dr. Todd Horowitz discusses CLEVIPREX clinical trial results and dosing in a series of informative videos for healthcare professionals.
Proven efficacy in clinical studies
- Over 90% of patients with perioperative hypertension achieved treatment success (≥15% BP reduction from baseline within 30 minutes)5,6
- Low rate of overshoot in acute severe hypertension patients in the VELOCITY trial7
BP reduction within minutes2
- In perioperative patients, CLEVIPREX produces a 4%–5% reduction in systolic blood pressure (SBP) within 2–4 minutes of initiation
- CLEVIPREX has a half-life of ~1 minute. In most patients, full recovery of BP is achieved 5–15 minutes after the infusion is stopped
Demonstrated safety profile
- The safety profile of CLEVIPREX was evaluated in multiple clinical trials2
- CLEVIPREX offers low-volume, non–weight-based dosing that is independent of renal or hepatic function
- Ready-to-use 50 mL and 100 mL vials are available for individualized, titratable administration