Control of acute severe hypertension with low rate of overshoot4
- Nearly 89% of acute severe hypertension patients achieved target BP range4
- Target SBP range achieved with a median time of 10.9 minutes4
- No change in lipid profile was observed*4
- Mean duration of infusion=21 hours1,4
*Increased blood triglycerides have been observed in the postmarketing experience of CLEVIPREX.
VELOCITY safety data
- Serious adverse events from CLEVIPREX initiation to 7 days later were reported in 11 of 126 (8.7%) safety population patients4
- Headache was the most frequently reported adverse event, with an overall incidence of 6.3% (8/126), followed by nausea 4.8% (6/126), chest discomfort 3.2% (4/126), and vomiting 3.2% (4/126)4
- The incidence of adverse events leading to study drug discontinuation for CLEVIPREX in severe hypertension was 4.8%1
Low rate of overshoot† in acute severe hypertension patients4
- 1.6% of patients (N=2) experienced overshoot within the first 3 minutes after start of infusion. These 2 patients continued CLEVIPREX infusion beyond 18 hours without experiencing any adverse events4
- In this study, the incidence of adverse events leading to study drug discontinuation was 4.8%1
†Overshoot was defined as SBP below the prespecified initial target range within the first 3 minutes of starting the infusion.